Since my last post several marathon events have taken place: Washington D.C., London, and yesterday, Boston. I have received Skype messages and emails asking me why I didn't run in any of them. I probably gave a different answer to each one of you that asked since I don’t remember what I said, so my official answer is: I am not ready. Of course, life is happening and not everything revolves around running. Yes, I love running but I have other things on my plate these days. But I still find time to run around the city with my camera and take pictures for the purpose of exercise and leisure.
As I rediscover this city I call home, I can’t help to realize the global nature of it, unlike I ever realized before. As I was celebrating my birthday this month, I celebrated the global nature of the new goals I am pursuing and the friends that I have made in the last year. This is evident with merely this blog that has found readers in Canada, India, and Greece. My friends have checked in and send me updates on their lives as well. Truly magnificent this life I live. Even in the hard times, I am truly blessed. Because when you have friends and family that I have, it is never really all that bad. So I am still looking forward to the day when I run though all five boroughs. When it will happen is anybody’s guess, but it will happen.
| Bikers on the Williamsburg Bridge |
| Love for Egypt on this wall in Brooklyn |
| Washington Square |
Not uncommon to find artists drawing, painting, and entertaining in this town.
Click below for entertainment on the High Line: Miko and the Mudcats
| Symbol of Tragedy - May we never forget |
| The sun sets into New Jersey |
26.2 miles. It will be a great November day.
No comments:
Post a Comment