I decided to start this blog to dedicate to all my running activities. For many years now I have had a dream of running the New York City marathon. I still have not achieved that goal yet but I have run in many races and conditioned myself to be able to handle the challenging 26.2 mile trek. I have run in the following official races as can be seen through the following link: http://www.athlinks.com/racer/60787659/David-Fanfan.aspx
I haven't run at all since my first attempt at a full marathon back in May 2010. This New Jersey marathon in Long Branch was probably the worst running conditions I thought possible. 90 degree weather as I was running through a knee pain from an IT inflamation. (Whatever the correct technical term is... it hurts) Since then I have been taking it slow and not running hoping the IT will heal. When I walk I still feel some abnormalities but I think it will be OK, but I will get checked out before I am competitive again.
A couple of weeks ago I reunited with some of my Team In Training teammates and they motivated me to get back out there. http://pages.teamintraining.org/nnj/nj09/dfanfan
So my mission to run gloriously through the city I was born, in the 26.2 mile ING marathon will continue very soon. I intend on keeping you all posted on my training. Feel free to share tips and comments as I continue with my running. Plain and simple, I love to run and I love to share my progress with the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment